Production | Events |Casting
Me in a Nutshell
A little about me
I am a freelance event professional with 13 years’ experience within the global live events industry, working in cultural and commercial sectors, operating within the UK and across the Middle East, South East Asia, Western and Eastern Europe on events including – National Day Celebrations in Abu Dhabi & Riyadh, London 2012 Olympics, Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, Toronto 2015 Pan American Games & Parapan American Games, the Asian Games Jakarta 2018 & Southeast Asian Games 2019.
With varied experience within the industry, undertaking positions in Technical, Production, Accreditation, Stage Management and Casting, with particular expertise in recruiting and managing large groups of professional and volunteer performers. Recently gravitating towards Show Management, focusing on managing rehearsal and production schedules, Cast Movement and backstage Show Calling; overseeing movements, timings, quick-changes & troubleshooting issues.
I am Scottish, with an accent that is 80% tame & I would like to consider myself to have a good sense of humour & master of making a good cup of tea!
Please see link for my CV for more reference on my projects worked: CV
Cheryl Fact 1# – Not many people know this about me…. Although never published, as a child I created a comic book character called Rom’e a female goblin which was heavily influenced by the British comic Tank Girl created by Jamie Hewlett and Alan Martin.
89th Saudi National Day
30th SEA Games 2019
18th Asian Games Jakarta 2018
5th Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games 2017
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 2017
SAY Awards 2017
45th UAE National Day 2016
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 2016
SAY Awards 2016
The Patrons Lunch 2016
Kynren – an epic tale of England
Delhi Flag Handover Ceremony 2010
44th UAE National Day 2015
Parapan American Games 2015
Summer Olympic Games 2012
Over the years, I have worked with a number of clients, working with a variety stadium events, festivals, mass participation & local events. I have been very lucky to work with some of the most talented people in live events around the world & along the way meeting some fantastic performers & volunteers. My most proud achievements are:
- Expo Dubai 2020, United Arab Emirates
- 30th Southeast Asian Games 2019 – Manila, Philippines
- Inspiration Road 89th – National Day 2019 – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Cricket World Cup 2019 – Opening Party – England, UK
- St Moritz Project 2019 – Switzerland, Europe
- Jakarta 2018 – 18th Asian Games Jakarta – Palembang Ceremonies – Jakarta, Indonesia
- Ashgabat 2017 – The 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games – Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
- SAY Awards 2017 – Scotland, UK
- UAE 45th National Day Celebration 2016 – Abu Dhabi, UAE
- SAY Awards 2016 – Scotland
- The Patrons Lunch 2016 – England, UK
- UAE 44th National Day Celebration 2015 – Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Toronto Games 2015 – Opening & Closing Ceremony, Pan Am & Parapan American Games – Toronto, Canada
- Glasgow 2014 – Opening & Closing Ceremony, The Commonwealth Games – Scotland, UK
- Sochi 2014 – Opening & Closing Ceremony, Winter Olympics – Sochi, Russia
- London 2012 – Opening & Closing Ceremony,Olympic Games – England, UK
- London 2012 – Opening and Closing Ceremony, Paralympic Games – England, UK
- The Delhi 2010 Flag Handover Ceremony – Delhi, India
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND SKILLS: Volunteer Management, H&S, Trouble Shooting, Event Management, Artist Liaison, Operations, Stage Management, Cast Management, Accreditation & Hospitality Management.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google docs, Apple OSX & Social Media platforms.
CERTIFICATES & TRAINING:
- Leadership and Management Skills (2020)
- Crowd Management (2020)
- BSL Diploma (2020)
- Covid-19 Essentials Infection Prevention & PPE (2020)
- Covid-19 Awareness (2020)
- Safe Set Covid-19 (2020)
- Public Health Preparedness for Mass Gathering Events (2020)
- Mental Health Awareness (2020)
- Environmental Awareness (2020)
- Standard Precautions: Waste Management (2020)
- Action Counters Terrorism (2020)
- MIG Welding for Artists (2018)
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate (2018)
- Introduction to Prop Making (2018)
- Forklift Driver Certificate (2017- 2020)
- Hit The Ground Running – 2 Day Runner Course (2014)
- Upper Second-Class BA (Hons) Degree Entertainment & Events Management Glasgow Caledonian University (2007 – 2010)
- Higher National Diploma Hospitality Management Glasgow Metropolitan College (2005 – 2007)
Cheryl Fact #2 – Not many people know this…I appeared in a TV Advertisement for Aquafresh back in the year 2000.
I have been very lucky with the experiences I have gained so far however, there are many aspects in life I still want to conquer & diversify to have the opportunity to:
- move towards an operational role, site/venue management
- use my skill-set towards working in TV/Film within production & props/art department
- host an art exhibition maybe mine or yours….
- make a women’s dream come true…to create a craft beer art design for the label
- create some mural art on building walls
- be more involved within the festival circuit & work on a music world tour
- work towards producing creative live events
If you are involved or have any new exciting opportunities on the horizon that fits the above bill then get in touch & let’s work on this together.
Cheryl Fact 3# – Not many people will know this…. the Galbraith family won a competition to name two lion cubs from Glasgow Zoo in 1996. We chose Nelson & Mandela!